Production Engineering Supervisor - Expression of InterestCandidate-se agora mesmo! Candidatar-se depois Job ID 10000272 Local Vancôver, Canadá Empresa Industrial Light & Magic Data da publicação 03/01/2023
Descrição do cargo:
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Production Engineering Supervisor will oversee the building of new systems and maintenance of current systems, with an end goal of streamlining the CG pipeline for artist efficiency. Adhering closely to the technology roadmap for global ILM, this person will use hands-on visual effects production experience to maximize our internal pipeline development by creating powerful systems that are easy to use, as well as by selecting tools and workflows that combine the best of off-the-shelf options with our internally developed systems.
What You’ll Do
- Direct team of pipeline engineers in Vancouver and San Francisco. Provide direction and expertise on pipeline development within the framework provided by the Head of CG and Head of Production Technology.
- Maintain highest software development standards across all project and initiatives
- Lead effort to standardize show pipelines, working towards designing a system that is easily maintainable, agile and efficient
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in current tools and methodologies, both proprietary and 3rd party applications, available on the market
- Collaborate with CG Leads, ILM show leadership and key production and technology stakeholders to ensure the production engineering group focuses on the highest priority projects
- Strive to find appropriate solutions to issues that meet both business and production needs
- Provide technical consulting to production staff regarding advanced computer graphic technology; assist in bidding projects requiring new software
- Standardize show procedures across all shows in partnership with CG Supervisors, Production leadership and Training
- Provide oversight on computing resources across all shows
- Act as point person for selections on software evaluations
- Have a strong point of view and a proven ability to diplomatically and successfully influence others
- Lead and supervise production engineering team, acting as a mentor to junior developers and other members of the team
- Conduct regular crew briefings to share information, show policies and techniques. Foster communication between teams and disciplines.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Scientific discipline required
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in software or systems development for computer graphics, including one or more of the following areas: animation, modeling, compositing and rendering
- Significant experience and working knowledge of software development methodologies and programming using Python or C/C++. Shell (bash/tcsh) scripting experience desired
- Experience using and developing software under Linux and/or Microsoft Windows
- Maya experience preferred, with experience in Python or MEL scripting and Maya plug-ins. Experience with other 3rd party software such as Softimage, 3DS Max, Houdini, Nuke or Katana a plus.
- Proven leadership of small software development projects and teams required
- Must be a demonstrated creative thinker and innovator
- Must have strong understanding of technology available for use throughout industry at large, and experience using tools outside ILM’s pipeline
- Must have extensive experience interfacing directly with production to build effective workflows with hands-on shot experience a plus
- Must be a compelling communicator with a strong point of view and a proven ability to influence others through diplomacy
- Must be able to articulate ideas effectively
- Must have strong communication, listening and people skills and be an outstanding people manager/supervisor, mentor and collaborator
- Must be a decisive person who will use strong follow through to support projects we’ve committed to
- Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
Sobre Industrial Light & Magic:
Fundada em 1975 por George Lucas, a ILM é a principal unidade de efeitos especiais do mundo, atendendo às indústrias do cinema, produção comercial e atrações. A ILM criou efeitos visuais para mais de 325 filmes e desempenhou um papel fundamental em sete dos dez maiores sucessos de bilheteria em todo o mundo e contribuiu para 25 dos 50 melhores. A ILM definiu o padrão para efeitos visuais, criando algumas das imagens mais impressionantes na história do cinema. Na vanguarda da revolução digital, a empresa continua a quebrar abrir novos caminhos em efeitos visuais, realidade virtual, realidade aumentada e cinema imersivo.
Sobre The Walt Disney Company:
A The Walt Disney Company, juntamente com suas subsidiárias e afiliadas, é um empreendimento diversificado e líder mundial de mídia e entretenimento, que atua em cinco segmentos de negócios com os seguintes segmentos de negócios: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. Desde seus primeiros passos como um estúdio de desenho animado na década de 1920 até se tornar o atual nome de destaque na indústria do entretenimento, a Disney orgulhosamente dá continuidade a seu legado de criação de histórias e experiências de padrão internacional para toda a família. As histórias, personagens e experiências da Disney tocam consumidores e visitantes de todas as partes do mundo. Com operações em mais de 40 países, nossos funcionários e colaboradores trabalham juntos para criar experiências de entretenimento adoradas por todos.
Esta vaga é oferecida junto à ILM (Vancouver) Inc., que é parte de um segmento de negócios que chamamos de Industrial Light & Magic.