Production Coordinator (VFX) - Expression of InterestCandidate-se agora mesmo! Candidatar-se depois Job ID 10000289 Local Vancôver, Canadá Empresa Industrial Light & Magic Data da publicação 23/01/2023
Descrição do cargo:
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Primary emphasis is on scheduling, communication and coordination for a specific group (discipline) of artists (or multiple groups) on any given project. Reports to Project (“Show”) Producer and Production Manager, while also working with other Coordinators on the project in keeping the show operating in an organized and efficient manner. Coordinators are also responsible for working with and delegating to the project Production Assistants. Each Coordinator usually works closely with their specific group of artists’ Supervisor or Lead in crewing, scheduling, and managing that group’s body of work. Coordinators are significant points of information on the show and need to be able to balance multiple needs, projects, and tasks at one time.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with your discipline supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your discipline’s body of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other discipline needs
- Establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to your discipline crew, as well as the overall show crew. This should be daily and/or weekly.
- Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within Shotgun as well as working with Production Managers to display the information in a physical form (magnet boards / conference rooms) in order to be visible to the team
- Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines. Check in with artists on a regular basis regarding workload, targets, needs, etc
- Set up turnovers with discipline crew. Communicate turnover information to all artists assigned to assets or shot
- Track client needs, reviews and deliveries to make sure your discipline hits their targets
- Keep a weekly synopsis of discipline accomplishments and next steps
- If coordinating work from an external company, establish a process for working with them that fits with your production team, supervisors, and leads
- Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner
- Supervise, delegate to, and train assigned Production Assistant(s)
- Act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into Shotgun/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
- Technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings
- Conference room, Viewstation and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues)
- Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues
- Ability to learn basic commands required to assist artists in file organization, submitting shots and QC-ing movies
- Perform special projects as needed
- Additional responsibilities as needed on shows:
- May accompany VFX Supervisor and Layout on location for blue screen and principle photography work. Responsible for camera reports, shot information sheets, and Layout information.
- Must be able to recognize and report back to ILM production any changes to shots that affect the budget
- Serve as the main point person between the Production and VFX Editors. Discuss cut lengths, key frame numbers, editorial discrepancies and other specifics regarding film.
- Reserve equipment and resources needed for location and stage work; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required
- Previous VFX or Feature Animation production experience with a strong working knowledge of industry techniques and terminology required
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Understanding of Linux required
- Must possess very strong organizational skills and have the ability to juggle multiple projects. The ability to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting strict deadlines.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to work with diverse personalities
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
- Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis
- Ability to travel as needed
Sobre Industrial Light & Magic:
Fundada em 1975 por George Lucas, a ILM é a principal unidade de efeitos especiais do mundo, atendendo às indústrias do cinema, produção comercial e atrações. A ILM criou efeitos visuais para mais de 325 filmes e desempenhou um papel fundamental em sete dos dez maiores sucessos de bilheteria em todo o mundo e contribuiu para 25 dos 50 melhores. A ILM definiu o padrão para efeitos visuais, criando algumas das imagens mais impressionantes na história do cinema. Na vanguarda da revolução digital, a empresa continua a quebrar abrir novos caminhos em efeitos visuais, realidade virtual, realidade aumentada e cinema imersivo.
Sobre The Walt Disney Company:
A The Walt Disney Company, juntamente com suas subsidiárias e afiliadas, é uma empresa líder em mídia e entretenimento familiar diversificado e internacional que atua nos seguintes segmentos de negócios: redes de mídia, parques e resorts, entretenimento de estúdio, produtos ao consumidor e mídia interativa. Desde seus primeiros passos como um estúdio de desenho animado na década de 1920 até se tornar o atual nome de destaque na indústria do entretenimento, a Disney orgulhosamente dá continuidade a seu legado de criação de histórias e experiências de padrão internacional para toda a família. As histórias, personagens e experiências da Disney tocam consumidores e visitantes de todas as partes do mundo. Com operações em mais de 40 países, nossos funcionários e colaboradores trabalham juntos para criar experiências de entretenimento adoradas por todos.
Esta vaga é oferecida junto à ILM (Vancouver) Inc., que é parte de um segmento de negócios que chamamos de Industrial Light & Magic.