Company ManagerCandidate-se agora mesmo! Candidatar-se depois Job ID 10042118 Local Toronto, Canadá Empresa Disney Cruise Line Data da publicação 07/03/2023
Descrição do cargo:
Disney Cruise Line (DCL), a division of The Walt Disney Company, operates a five-ship fleet of premium class cruise liners and is the industry leader in family vacations at sea. DCL Entertainment (Toronto) is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company Canada, and serves as the rehearsal headquarters for DCL’s award-winning theatrical productions. Within a state of the art entertainment rehearsal facility, DCL’s production teams pride themselves on creating memorable family entertainment that is both enchanting and magical – delighting the young and young at heart with legendary Disney storytelling.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and reporting to the Production Manager, the Company Manager oversees the administrative and logistical side of the rehearsal operation including, travel, contracts, budgeting, invoicing, payroll, housing and facility needs.
- Lead a team of company manager coordinators responsible for logistical and administrative operations of the DCL Rehearsal Facility in Toronto.
- Manage both emergency and non-emergency situations affecting cast and production/creative teams within the facility, corporate housing, and during business travel.
- Partner with Production Manager on annual forecasting of rehearsal and crossover dates, for multiple rehearsal casts and project teams.
- Partner with Production Manager in the negotiation of contracts with outside services and housing providers.
- Strategize, develop and implement efficient travel and lodging status tracking tools for cast, creative and production teams.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with key partners including direct reports, Shipboard Teams, Human Resources, DCL Medical, Recruiting, Casting, Production and Creative Teams, Celebration Logistics Teams, Housing Providers, Landlords and Disney Executives
- Oversee cast payroll, accounting and tax issues and applicable Canadian labor laws.
- Ability to listen and manage delicate and unexpected situations requiring empathy and patience, in partnership with HR and DCL Leadership.
- Thorough understanding of Immigration Compliance requirements including Visas, Passports and border crossings guidelines.
- Partner with Production Manager to ensure annual budgetary goals are achieved.
- Actively participate in team meetings contributing ideas and solutions.
- Create and maintain a pleasant open and welcoming space for the Toronto Team and all visiting Performers and Production Teams.
- 5+ years’ experience working in Theatre Production and Entertainment management.
- Post-Secondary education in business administration, events management, or arts management.
- Solid understanding of the Performing Arts and LIVE Entertainment rehearsal processes.
- Corporate and Cruise Industry experience considered an asset.
- Strong ability to lead a team and make decisions in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Superior listening and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and follow up practices.
- Thrives in an environment of constant change while maintaining a sense of humor inspiring positivity throughout the team.
- Ability to remain calm and collected in pressurized situations.
- Understands big picture impacts.
- Understands budgets and brings basic accounting skills to the role.
- Excellent presentation and corporate communication skills.
- Full computer literacy - Powerpoint, Excel, Smartsheet, Microsoft applications etc. Experience with SAP is an asset.
- Able to work with a flexible and fluid production schedule including weekends and long days during busy periods.
Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
Sobre Disney Cruise Line:
Líder no setor de cruzeiros, a Disney Cruise Line oferece um ambiente onde as famílias podem se reconectar, os adultos podem recarregar as energias e as crianças podem experimentar toda a magia que a Disney tem a oferecer. Os hóspedes podem sair de portos de todo o mundo em itinerários emocionantes para o Caribe, as Bahamas, o Alasca e a Europa, entre outros. A bordo da frota de cinco navios – Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – e a paradisíaca ilha particular da Disney nas Bahamas, Castaway Cay, os integrantes da tripulação oferecem aos hóspedes serviço inigualável, contação de histórias encantadoras e entretenimento de família imersivo que só a Disney pode oferecer.
Sobre The Walt Disney Company:
A The Walt Disney Company, juntamente com suas subsidiárias e afiliadas, é um empreendimento diversificado e líder mundial de mídia e entretenimento, que atua em cinco segmentos de negócios com os seguintes segmentos de negócios: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. Desde seus primeiros passos como um estúdio de desenho animado na década de 1920 até se tornar o atual nome de destaque na indústria do entretenimento, a Disney orgulhosamente dá continuidade a seu legado de criação de histórias e experiências de padrão internacional para toda a família. As histórias, personagens e experiências da Disney tocam consumidores e visitantes de todas as partes do mundo. Com operações em mais de 40 países, nossos funcionários e colaboradores trabalham juntos para criar experiências de entretenimento adoradas por todos.
Esta vaga é oferecida junto à The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd., que é parte de um segmento de negócios que chamamos de Disney Cruise Line.