Senior Lighting Technical Director - Expression of Interest San Francisco, CACandidate-se agora mesmo! Candidatar-se depois Job ID oTCqgfwV Local São Francisco, Califórnia, Estados Unidos Empresa Industrial Light & Magic Data da publicação Jul. 28, 2021
Descrição do cargo:
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Senior Lighting Technical Director can independently light, render, and do moderate-level compositing of very complex shots, needing only initial direction and guidance from their supervisors. Designs and implements direct and reflected lighting and shadows for assigned shots that meet art and tone direction. Ensures that assigned shots fit the continuity of the sequence and able to create sequence-based lighting setups that can be completed by less experienced Lighting TDs. Develops solutions and techniques that meet art/technical direction. Trouble-shoots asset and pipeline technical issues and optimizes rendering setups. Participates in team review of work under development. Able to navigate and use previous setups for at least a dozen shots, insertion of shot specialization, managing multiple assets and lighting setups. Also able to take in implicit surface and volumetric datasets, light using varying shadowing strategies, imitate distributed light sources. Management of volumetric light setups, including shadowing and cucoloris development. Also able to light, material assign and render for actors using CG hair and scattering skin materials.
What You'll Do
- Set up and light very complex/multiple creatures (hairy or furry) and elements
- Excellent pipeline scripting ability
- Solid compositing ability, can wrangle bluescreen extractions, working understanding of Nuke
- Can write plugins, set up sequences, debug simulations and write set up and rman surface shaders with proficiency
- Can write/hack rman procedural and volumetric shaders, as well as procedural and surface shaders with proficiency
- Can animate moderate objects with proficiency
- Excellent understanding of Renderman and other unviased rendering systems. Needs to know one or more major 3D applications, including Katana, Maya, or Zeno
- Can pick up new techniques quickly and easily and can debug just about anything
- Responsible for setting a standard for all TDs in continually raising the bar for speed, quality of work, and adaptability
- Proven ability to quickly pick up new proprietary pipelines
- Designs and creates lighting and the look of computer generated objects and scenes
- Responsible for creating images, effects, and programs for digitally composited sequences
- Responsible for compiling the various elements of a shot and seeing it through to completion
- Demonstrates good listening and communication skills by openly receiving direction and criticism by asking good questions to confirm clear understanding of the directions and how to approach what needs to be done; once clear, implements the requested changes immediately and raises flags right away if a solution is not quickly found or if there are any delays, making sure the Supervisors and Production are kept in the loop and are up-to-date on the status of one’s shot work
- Demonstrates solid presentation/communication skills in dailies/shot review by clearly and briefly outlining what has been accomplished and what next should be addressed in the shot
- Demonstrates solid problem solving skills
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks managing time very well, providing everyone with accurate time estimates on shot task completion
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or computer graphics or equivalent
- Experience with either Katana, 3DS Max, Maya, Houdini or other software.
- 3-5+ years production experience or feature film experience
- Linux and scripting ability
- Nice to have:
- Renderman/Vray experience
- Nuke experience
- Experience in Python and/or Lua
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
Sobre Industrial Light & Magic:
Fundada em 1975 por George Lucas, a ILM é a principal unidade de efeitos especiais do mundo, atendendo às indústrias do cinema, produção comercial e atrações. A ILM criou efeitos visuais para mais de 325 filmes e desempenhou um papel fundamental em sete dos dez maiores sucessos de bilheteria em todo o mundo e contribuiu para 25 dos 50 melhores. A ILM definiu o padrão para efeitos visuais, criando algumas das imagens mais impressionantes na história do cinema. Na vanguarda da revolução digital, a empresa continua a quebrar abrir novos caminhos em efeitos visuais, realidade virtual, realidade aumentada e cinema imersivo.
Sobre The Walt Disney Company:
A The Walt Disney Company, juntamente com suas subsidiárias e afiliadas, é uma empresa líder em mídia e entretenimento familiar diversificado e internacional que atua nos seguintes segmentos de negócios: redes de mídia, parques e resorts, entretenimento de estúdio, produtos ao consumidor e mídia interativa. Desde seus primeiros passos como um estúdio de desenho animado na década de 1920 até se tornar o atual nome de destaque na indústria do entretenimento, a Disney orgulhosamente dá continuidade a seu legado de criação de histórias e experiências de padrão internacional para toda a família. As histórias, personagens e experiências da Disney tocam consumidores e visitantes de todas as partes do mundo. Com operações em mais de 40 países, nossos funcionários e colaboradores trabalham juntos para criar experiências de entretenimento adoradas por todos.