Associate Production ManagerCandidate-se agora mesmo! Candidatar-se depois Job ID 10035069 Local Mumbai, Índia Empresa Industrial Light & Magic Data da publicação 16/12/2022
Descrição do cargo:
ILM is opening its Mumbai studio in the fall of 2022. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Mumbai studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s six studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Mumbai, we are seeking an Associate Production Manager to join as one of the first members of the team and be a part of building the studio and its technology infrastructure.
The Associate Production Manager works closely with the Coordinators on the project in keeping the show operating in an organized and efficient manner. The APM will oversee the show sequence or discipline schedules and help guide them in order to have a comprehensive sequence or overall show schedule, depending on project size. Associate Production Managers also work with and delegate to the project Production Assistants.
What You'll Do
- Establish a show schedule and work closely with the Coordinators in order to maintain a strong overall schedule. In addition, may involve coordinating for a specific group (discipline) of artists (or multiple groups) on any given project
- Work closely with the Producer and Production Manager to bid shot work
- Report to Project (“Show”) Producer and Production Manager potential issues that may affect the schedule or workflow
- Correspond with client regarding reviews, schedule, and needs
- Work closely with discipline supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling bodies of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other discipline needs
- Establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to discipline or sequence crews, as well as the overall show crew; this should be daily and/or weekly
- Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within the ILM Internal Tracking Tool as well as working with Production Managers to display the information in a physical and digital form (magnet boards / conference rooms/online tools) in order to be visible to the team
- Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines
- Track client needs, reviews and deliveries to make sure all disciplines hit their targets
- Keep a weekly synopsis of discipline and/or sequence accomplishments and next steps
- Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work; provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment
- Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner
- Act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead; take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into the Internal Tracking System/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted
- On relevant shows, oversee outsourced work so that vendors’ bids and schedule flow with the overall show schedule, and confirm that vendors’ bids and schedule are in line with the goals of the show
- Technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings
- Conference room, Viewstation and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues)
- Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues
- Perform special projects as needed
- Additional Responsibilities as Needed on Shows:
- May accompany VFX Supervisor and Matchmover on location for blue screen and principle photography work oversees for camera reports, shot information sheets, and matchmove information; must be able to recognize and report back to ILM production any changes to shots that affect the budget
- Serve as the main point person between the Production and VFX Editors; discuss cut lengths, key frame numbers, editorial discrepancies and other specifics regarding film
- Reserve equipment and resources needed for location and stage work; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts
- Role may require:
- weekend work depending on show schedules
- travel for plate shoots
- work on the same schedule as first or second unit production
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required
- Significant previous experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post production techniques and terminology
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines
- Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of UNIX required
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
- Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis
- Ability to travel as needed
Sobre Industrial Light & Magic:
Fundada em 1975 por George Lucas, a ILM é a principal unidade de efeitos especiais do mundo, atendendo às indústrias do cinema, produção comercial e atrações. A ILM criou efeitos visuais para mais de 325 filmes e desempenhou um papel fundamental em sete dos dez maiores sucessos de bilheteria em todo o mundo e contribuiu para 25 dos 50 melhores. A ILM definiu o padrão para efeitos visuais, criando algumas das imagens mais impressionantes na história do cinema. Na vanguarda da revolução digital, a empresa continua a quebrar abrir novos caminhos em efeitos visuais, realidade virtual, realidade aumentada e cinema imersivo.
Sobre The Walt Disney Company:
A The Walt Disney Company, juntamente com suas subsidiárias e afiliadas, é uma empresa líder em mídia e entretenimento familiar diversificado e internacional que atua nos seguintes segmentos de negócios: redes de mídia, parques e resorts, entretenimento de estúdio, produtos ao consumidor e mídia interativa. Desde seus primeiros passos como um estúdio de desenho animado na década de 1920 até se tornar o atual nome de destaque na indústria do entretenimento, a Disney orgulhosamente dá continuidade a seu legado de criação de histórias e experiências de padrão internacional para toda a família. As histórias, personagens e experiências da Disney tocam consumidores e visitantes de todas as partes do mundo. Com operações em mais de 40 países, nossos funcionários e colaboradores trabalham juntos para criar experiências de entretenimento adoradas por todos.
Esta vaga é oferecida junto à LECL VFX Inc Payroll Svc, que é parte de um segmento de negócios que chamamos de Industrial Light & Magic.