Dry Dock Electrical ManagerCandidate-se agora mesmo! Candidatar-se depois Job ID 919412BR Local Londres, Reino Unido Empresa Disney Cruise Line Data da publicação May. 17, 2022 Tipo de trabalho flexível Híbrido
- Esta função é considerada híbrida, o que significa que o funcionário trabalhará parte de seu tempo presencialmente em um local designado pela Empresa e o restante do tempo em regime remoto.
Descrição do cargo:
This is a specialist technical operations role contributing to delivering unforgettable guest experiences and is part of the Management Team Responsible for planning and executing dry docks for ships in the company’s fleet.
The key responsibility of the Dry Dock Electrical Manager is to manage the approved dry dock scope of work for electrical work undertaken for the fleet during dry docking periods.
Candidates must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Plan and execute electrical Dry Dock work.
- Responsible for writing the full, detailed scope of work on designated approved scope of work for electrical during the dry dock. Provide specifications to sub-contracting companies for contract bidding quotations
- Provide appropriate documentation, including technical specification for approved scope delivery
- Produce Technical product specifications as required, consult with external bodies for compliance and best practice
- Provide full breakdown and evaluation of vendor bids quotations to Managing Director London Office and internal senior leadership
- Conduct research into new ideas, products and upcoming regulatory changes to ensure all interior work are future proof.
- Liaise with Operational team, specifically Marine & Technical Director, for Dry Dock electrical work planning
- Partner with Shipyard, WDI, Contracted Vendors, and external Regulatory bodies as required (LR- RO- WDI-WDW) for approved scope delivery.
- Manage additional consulting team members engaged for specific tasks/areas
- Responsible for effective communication to shipboard leadership on designated Dry Dock interior work to be undertaken during the vessels dry-docking period
- Liaise with ships leadership for feedback on project delivery and ongoing support requirements
- Liaise with Shipboard Senior Management for technical support including:
- Additional labour, approved scope coordination, and warranty support as required
- Provide Purchasing and Logistics with all necessary information on owner supply equipment and materials for designated approved scope of work
- Negotiate most advantageous choice of Vendor for contract selection with Quality and Cost prime considerations
- Manage labour and material finances to ensure interior dry dock work meet budget requirements
- Ensure that individual designated approved scope of work is completed on time and with budget
- Lead dry dock consultants on scope of work under area of responsibility
- Oversee and Quality assure product delivery and provide consultant and vendor performance feedback/data as required.
- Oversee and ensure all Technical Safety implications are considered.
- Ensure Vendor Safety /Interior standard is compatible with Disney quality assurance.
- Oversee Vendors work through the whole of the process
- Provide monthly and, ad hoc as requested, reports on designated dry dock and project work
- Provide Quality Assurance with designated approved scope of work through the design, installation and completion process
- Provide project coordinator with all necessary information on sub-contractor personnel for dry dock
- Accompany sub-contractors onboard whilst undertaking work. Liaise with shipboard leadership on all aspects of safety and work to be undertaken. Oversee work undertaken and ensure it is within the contracted design scope of work. Ensure full quality assurance of work undertaken.
- Ensure that sub-contractors provide all material safety certification, as fitted drawings and manufacturers manuals where appropriate
Experience & Professional Qualifications required
- 5+ years sea-going electrical engineering experience
- Previous Dry Dock experience required with emphasis on Hotel Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years Project management experience
- Office Technical Operations and Ship Management experience
- Previous financial experience/responsibility in +$1m dry dockings/projects
- Relevant tertiary electrical engineering or related degree or higher national diploma; Electro-Technical Officer (ETO) Certificate of Competence; or equivalent
Skills/ Qualifications desired
Business Knowledge –
- Cruise Sector experience would be beneficial
- Professional qualifications in relevant marine technology
- Professional training in marine Regulations
Relationship Building - Candidates, Customers, Vendors – Established marine network.
Global Collaboration – Flexibility to work with ships in different locations and between US and UK Offices
Sobre Disney Cruise Line:
Líder no setor de cruzeiros, a Disney Cruise Line oferece um ambiente onde as famílias podem se reconectar, os adultos podem recarregar as energias e as crianças podem experimentar toda a magia que a Disney tem a oferecer. Os hóspedes podem sair de portos de todo o mundo em itinerários emocionantes para o Caribe, as Bahamas, o Alasca e a Europa, entre outros. A bordo da frota de quatro navios – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream e Disney Fantasy– e a paradisíaca ilha particular da Disney nas Bahamas - Castaway Cay, os integrantes da tripulação oferecem aos hóspedes serviço inigualável, contadores de histórias encantadores e entretenimento de família imersivo que só a Disney pode oferecer.
Sobre The Walt Disney Company:
A The Walt Disney Company, juntamente com suas subsidiárias e afiliadas, é uma empresa líder em mídia e entretenimento familiar diversificado e internacional que atua nos seguintes segmentos de negócios: redes de mídia, parques e resorts, entretenimento de estúdio, produtos ao consumidor e mídia interativa. Desde seus primeiros passos como um estúdio de desenho animado na década de 1920 até se tornar o atual nome de destaque na indústria do entretenimento, a Disney orgulhosamente dá continuidade a seu legado de criação de histórias e experiências de padrão internacional para toda a família. As histórias, personagens e experiências da Disney tocam consumidores e visitantes de todas as partes do mundo. Com operações em mais de 40 países, nossos funcionários e colaboradores trabalham juntos para criar experiências de entretenimento adoradas por todos.
Esta vaga é oferecida junto à Magical Cruise Company, Limited, que é parte de um segmento de negócios que chamamos de Disney Cruise Line.