Senior Product ManagerCandidate-se agora mesmo! Candidatar-se depois Job ID 7122554520220515 Local Glendale, Califórnia, Estados Unidos / Town of Bristol, Coneticute, Estados Unidos Empresa Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Data da publicação 11/08/2022 Tipo de trabalho flexível Híbrido
- Esta função é considerada híbrida, o que significa que o funcionário trabalhará parte de seu tempo presencialmente em um local designado pela Empresa e o restante do tempo em regime remoto.
Descrição do cargo:
Ever wonder how the innovative storytelling from the world’s most beloved brands – Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, ESPN, 20th Century, National Geographic, FX, Freeform, Disney Channels, ABC, and more -- makes it to viewers around the globe and beyond (yes, we also deliver content to the International Space Station)? Come join our growing team that builds global products, platforms and tools that deliver and monetize our company's unmatched collection of content, power our businesses and reflect the company's innovative spirit.
We are the Content Platforms team with a mission to “reimagine the technical ecosystem that empowers The Walt Disney Company to harness its unparalleled storytelling and distribute it around the world.” Content Platforms is part of the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment which is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; Disney+, the Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; global advertising sales and ad technology for all of Disney’s media properties, including ABC, ESPN, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic and the Disney Channels; Hotstar, the leading over-the-top streaming service in India; and the Company’s majority ownership stake in Hulu.
- Enjoy working with teams of talented and passionate people
- Have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity and interests in how content goes from inception to consumers
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Enjoy transforming business strategy into innovative products & platforms
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
- Find Media & Entertainment industry fascinating
The Content Platforms team is the place for you. We are growing and investing in innovative technology to deliver a state-of-the-art content pipeline. Come be a part of the magic that makes The Walt Disney Company one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies”.
The Content Platforms team is seeking a Sr. Product Manager to join our Product Operations organization. Our team strives to deliver operational excellence by elevating and marketing the Content Platforms products and services to our DMED business partners. In this role, you will be responsible for the enablement of our content platforms products and tools, working closely with our product and engineering partners to launch new systems and support our clients as they navigate our platforms to operate their business.
As a Sr. Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to dive deep into the business capabilities and learn the processes behind how Disney’s top-tier content is planned, to how it is delivered to consumers, and everything in between. This role will be responsible for providing day-to-day support for general questions, workflow guidance, and light troubleshooting, while serving as a key touchpoint for business partners. In addition, the role will own documenting new features and disseminating those updates back to the customers through trainings and communications. The role also will evangelize the platform to internal users, becoming a subject matter expert and assisting in On-boarding new internal clients. Finally, this role will lead the way with best practices for running business review meetings, updating stakeholders with retrospectives on past monthly performance, as well as translating raw metrics into a comprehensive narrative. The ideal candidate must work well in a collaborative environment and be able to define and implement processes that effectively delivers on the Product Operations mission.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Responsible for supporting business stakeholders, including relationship management, addressing support questions, light troubleshooting of potential issues, and performing trainings and onboardings
- Own communication to product end users, including feature release notes, project-specific updates, and other general announcements, crafting platform documentation, and running customer-sync meetings
- Create customer-facing root cause analysis (RCA) reports for critical outage incidents
- Be a platform expert that can perform an analysis on customer requests, documenting, and sending requirements to Product and Engineering for system improvements
- Participate in larger organizational process operations initiatives, such as crafting evergreen documentation, executing strategic communication plans, and defining processes that contribute to an improved team working culture
- Collaborate, partner, and coordinate with cross-functional teams (engineering, design, QA, and product leadership) to help streamline product features and enhance business processes
- Coordinate launch preparation with Business partners and cross-functional delivery teams
- Exhibit natural and intuitive user empathy
- Perform any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives for the Product Operations team
- Minimum 5+ years practical experience working on expansive Enterprise Platforms, including rights management, deals, and avails (in and out), that support high-trafficked consumer-facing products, with an eye toward automation and operational improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology
- Strong communication skills, with a bent towards customer service, and an ability to navigate both internal and external stakeholders
- An experienced writer, whose style can range from operational guides to formal announcements to engaging updates
- Energetic self-starter with a logical approach to problem solving and a technical aptitude
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills and an ability to clearly communicate goals, status, and issues
- Be conversant in modern technical concepts and engineering practices in order to participate in detailed story discussions or feature deployment
- Precise about the details, yet able to see the forest among the trees, and able to produce high quality deliverables
- Demonstrate an ability to adjust and pivot as business strategy and product priorities shifts
- Proven leader that nurtures positive relationships with supported users, product and technology engineering partners
- Enthusiastic about helping people, solving problems, and championing products
- Experience with content and distribution rights-management software, such as Rightsline
- Exposure or experience with Agile development tools, such as Jira and Confluence
- Prior work experience in rights and avails management
- Knowledge of or experience in media & entertainment industry
Sobre Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Composto pelas unidades de negócios internacionais da empresa e pelos diversos serviços de streaming direto ao consumidor, A Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) une, em um mesmo segmento de negócios, tecnologia, distribuição de mídia e vendas de publicidade para criar e oferecer experiências de entretenimento personalizadas aos consumidores do mundo todo.
Sobre The Walt Disney Company:
A The Walt Disney Company, juntamente com suas subsidiárias e afiliadas, é uma empresa líder em mídia e entretenimento familiar diversificado e internacional que atua nos seguintes segmentos de negócios: redes de mídia, parques e resorts, entretenimento de estúdio, produtos ao consumidor e mídia interativa. Desde seus primeiros passos como um estúdio de desenho animado na década de 1920 até se tornar o atual nome de destaque na indústria do entretenimento, a Disney orgulhosamente dá continuidade a seu legado de criação de histórias e experiências de padrão internacional para toda a família. As histórias, personagens e experiências da Disney tocam consumidores e visitantes de todas as partes do mundo. Com operações em mais de 40 países, nossos funcionários e colaboradores trabalham juntos para criar experiências de entretenimento adoradas por todos.
Esta vaga é oferecida junto à Disney Streaming Technology LLC, que é parte de um segmento de negócios que chamamos de Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC é um empregador que dá oportunidades iguais. Os candidatos serão selecionados para emprego independente de raça, cor, religião, sexo, nacionalidade, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, necessidade especial ou status de veterano protegido. A Disney promove uma cultura de negócios em que ideias e decisões de todas as pessoas nos ajudam a crescer, inovar, criar as melhores histórias e ser relevantes em um mundo de rápidas mudanças.