Systems Engineer, Technology Services and Systems EngineeringCandidate-se agora mesmo! Candidatar-se depois Job ID 961519BR Local Burbank, Califórnia, Estados Unidos Empresa The Walt Disney Studios Data da publicação Jun. 14, 2022 Tipo de trabalho flexível Presencial
- Esta função é considerada presencial, o que significa que o funcionário trabalhará de um local designado pela Empresa continuamente.
Descrição do cargo:
As part of the WDS Technology team you’ll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment. We’re looking for a passionate individual who will provide front-line end-user support for WDS and it’s affiliates as a part of the Technical Services and System Engineering (TSaSE) team. You are a seasoned and experienced professional, preferably from a technical support environment associated with production or post production, able to comfortably oversee highly complex and high-end technical support teams. You’re able to multitask in a highly complex, diverse, production environment; able to quickly prioritize decisions given incomplete and conflicting knowledge. You are self-directed, being able to both manage and (re)prioritize the multiple concurrent and competing challenges, issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that, inevitably, occur when supporting production. You have strong analytical problem-solving skills; someone who is a team-building leader with good interpersonal, verbal and relationship building skills.
The TSaSE team works directly with the engineering and architecture teams to design, build, implement and support critical Production Systems and Applications. These systems and applications directly impact WDS ability to deliver the high-quality products through all stages of the movie making process. This position works to addresses a specialized competency vital to achieving this support effort by:
- Providing exceptional technical support for our internal applications/systems, implementing company technology initiatives, supporting special events like movie premiers, and working with clients to identify how technology can assist or improve their productivity.
- Acting as the clients advocate and acting as their voice when speaking to the various technology teams involved in support of WDS
- Ensuring all incidents, requests and issues are resolved or triaged and escalated to the correct teams for resolution. TSaSE is the tip of the spear when it comes to client engagement.
- Providing 24x7, global support to those specialized business and production functions that directly support various show-critical production operations including travel
- SME for Technical Services and Systems provided to Studio encompassing intimate knowledge of various groups as well as an understanding of applications used and specialized workflows.
- Assist in defining and documenting processes related to supporting the studio.
- Implement and standardize a monitoring program for desktop systems to provide a comprehensive view of the health of the environment.
- Work with other Segments and Departments to drive WDS Studios initiatives.
- Travel on location as needed in support of WDS productions
- Respond to user requests for hardware and software issues
- Route requests to appropriate teams or escalate to teams when required
- Communicate with users and senior management the status of issues
- Provide technical guidance to users across studio on new workflows or optimizing old ones
- Perform hands-on repair of equipment and maintenance/installation of infrastructure
- Troubleshoot all hardware associated with end-user computing, mobile devices, printers, workstations, switches, etc.
- Act as SME for assigned internal applications and workflows from implementation to delivery aligned with project management
- Oversee small to medium projects, providing status updates to upper management; drives timely results
- Implement continuous improvement methodology through the use of IT systems or procedure
- Capable of following and composing process and procedure documentation, training users in complex topics, and interacting positively with upper management and executive staff
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
- Forward Thinking
- Charismatic Personality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years’ experience in desktop support and system administration in an production and/or enterprise environment
- Superior customer service focus as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in implementation, administration, and configuration management in Microsoft Windows Server, MDT, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Extensive knowledge in workflow automation for endpoint management using HCL BigFix for Windows and JAMF for macOS
- Knowledge and experience writing and maintaining automation scripts (Powershell, Python, Bash)
- Experience with SasS and IDP implementation
- Experience with network troubleshooting (LAN/WAN and VLAN)
- Experience managing Exchange in cloud-based and multi-tenancy environments
- Strong experience with technical writing, documentation and communication regarding workflows and runbooks
- Understanding of virtual environments (building, supporting, maintaining)
- Prior experience in a studio production environment strongly preferred
- Knowledge of FileMaker Pro, and other database tools
- Ability to lift 35-60 lbs, primarily computer equipment from floor to desk
- Flexible schedule to allow for immediate travel as needed
- This role is on-site
- Undergraduate degree (BS in Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
Sobre The Walt Disney Studios:
Há mais de 95 anos, The Walt Disney Studios tem sido a base na qual a The Walt Disney Company se desenvolveu. Hoje, ele leva filmes, séries, música e espetáculos ao vivo de qualidade a consumidores de todo o mundo. The Walt Disney Studios engloba uma coleção de estúdios de cinema respeitados, incluindo Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios e Searchlight Pictures. É também a casa da Disney Theatrical Productions, produtora de apresentações de nível internacional.
Sobre The Walt Disney Company:
A The Walt Disney Company, juntamente com suas subsidiárias e afiliadas, é uma empresa líder em mídia e entretenimento familiar diversificado e internacional que atua nos seguintes segmentos de negócios: redes de mídia, parques e resorts, entretenimento de estúdio, produtos ao consumidor e mídia interativa. Desde seus primeiros passos como um estúdio de desenho animado na década de 1920 até se tornar o atual nome de destaque na indústria do entretenimento, a Disney orgulhosamente dá continuidade a seu legado de criação de histórias e experiências de padrão internacional para toda a família. As histórias, personagens e experiências da Disney tocam consumidores e visitantes de todas as partes do mundo. Com operações em mais de 40 países, nossos funcionários e colaboradores trabalham juntos para criar experiências de entretenimento adoradas por todos.
Esta vaga é oferecida junto à Walt Disney Pictures, que é parte de um segmento de negócios que chamamos de The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures é um empregador que dá oportunidades iguais. Os candidatos serão selecionados para emprego independente de raça, cor, religião, sexo, nacionalidade, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, necessidade especial ou status de veterano protegido. A Disney promove uma cultura de negócios em que ideias e decisões de todas as pessoas nos ajudam a crescer, inovar, criar as melhores histórias e ser relevantes em um mundo de rápidas mudanças.