Sr Product ManagerCandidate-se agora mesmo! Candidatar-se depois Job ID 10023415 Local Burbank, Califórnia, Estados Unidos Empresa Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Data da publicação 10/10/2022 Tipo de trabalho flexível Híbrido
- Esta função é considerada híbrida, o que significa que o funcionário trabalhará parte de seu tempo presencialmente em um local designado pela Empresa e o restante do tempo em regime remoto.
Descrição do cargo:
• An employee at this level is an experienced professional with solid foundational skill/knowledge in a given functional field
The Fulfillment and Distribution team is seeking a Senior Product Manager to lead the day-to-day activities of the Product Lifecycle. In this role, you will be responsible for our products that enable the ordering and fulfillment of localized assets for our global content delivery pipeline.
As the Senior Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to dive deep into the business capabilities and learn the processes behind how Disney’s top tier content is planned to how it is delivered to consumers and everything in between. Your responsibilities include gathering & prioritizing business requirements and translating that into product specifications. Working in a cross-functional team environment with design, engineering, infrastructure, QA, and other product managers, you will help reimagine the product for the future business of The Walt Disney Company, with focus on maximizing automation, driving operational improvements, and supporting the acceleration of our Direct-to-Consumer business.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
Collaborate with business partners and cross-functional teams to identify and clearly define business requirements
- Work with the business partners to analyze the value proposition of business requests and provide alternative solutions, as needed to ensure we stay consistently focused on the product strategy
- Clearly articulate product strategy and manage business partners’ expectations accordingly
- Write user stories and epics
- Support the maintenance and prioritization of product backlog
- Support the definition of business justification and lean business case
- Participate in daily standups, planning, reviews, and retrospectives
- Collaborate, partner and coordinate with cross-functional teams (engineering, design, and product leadership) to streamline product features and enhance business processes
- Support user feature testing
- Support definition of User Acceptance Test (UAT) Scripts and User Acceptance Testing
- Coordinate launch preparation with business partners and cross-functional delivery teams
- Document system processes, user guides, and training materials on product features where needed
- Partner with engineering and program managers to implement solutions aligned with the product strategy and Content Platforms’ strategic objectives
- Exhibit natural and intuitive user empathy
- Own communication to product end users, including feature release notes, project-specific updates, and other general announcements, crafting platform documentation, and running customer sync meetings
- Coordinate and run site/app launches, create customer-facing root cause analysis reports for critical outage incidents, and perform gap analysis briefs for potential customer onboardings
- Perform any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives for the Fulfillment and Distribution team
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably in a digital environment
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with and operating within large cross-functional teams
- Ability to drive consensus and alignment on product priority objectives across engineering and stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively across large teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize daily tasks, as well as product requirements for engineering
- Adept at synthesizing and presenting data in a digestible manner to diverse audiences
- Process-driven and extremely detail-oriented
- Experience with Agile product development
- Enthusiastic about helping people, solving problems, and championing products
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related fields, such as Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar field
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of or experience in media & entertainment industry
- Understanding of media production workflows, digital video workflows, or consumer-facing video product features
Bolded line is most associated with the decision-making demands needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of the position.
Work is closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed instructions and guidelines. Solves problems of limited scope and complexity.
Work is moderately supervised. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy. Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Supervisory approval is obtained on situations where practices and procedures do not exist or where deviations to existing procedures occur.
Work is performed with minimal direction. Participates in determining objectives of assignments. Plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion. Problems worked on are of a complex nature.
Work is not supervised and allows considerable latitude. Develops solutions to unusually complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
Work is geared to directing and guiding others. Assignments are relatively complex and allow independent judgment and decision-making. Provides considerable input in establishing the objectives for their area of responsibility. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organizational objectives and schedules.
Work is focused on determining organizational objectives and practices. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-range perspective for desired results. Makes final decisions and provides direction for one or more major segments of the total organization.
Sobre Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Composto pelas unidades de negócios internacionais da empresa e pelos diversos serviços de streaming direto ao consumidor, A Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) une, em um mesmo segmento de negócios, tecnologia, distribuição de mídia e vendas de publicidade para criar e oferecer experiências de entretenimento personalizadas aos consumidores do mundo todo.
Sobre The Walt Disney Company:
A The Walt Disney Company, juntamente com suas subsidiárias e afiliadas, é uma empresa líder em mídia e entretenimento familiar diversificado e internacional que atua nos seguintes segmentos de negócios: redes de mídia, parques e resorts, entretenimento de estúdio, produtos ao consumidor e mídia interativa. Desde seus primeiros passos como um estúdio de desenho animado na década de 1920 até se tornar o atual nome de destaque na indústria do entretenimento, a Disney orgulhosamente dá continuidade a seu legado de criação de histórias e experiências de padrão internacional para toda a família. As histórias, personagens e experiências da Disney tocam consumidores e visitantes de todas as partes do mundo. Com operações em mais de 40 países, nossos funcionários e colaboradores trabalham juntos para criar experiências de entretenimento adoradas por todos.
Esta vaga é oferecida junto à Disney Streaming Technology LLC, que é parte de um segmento de negócios que chamamos de Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC é um empregador que dá oportunidades iguais. Os candidatos serão selecionados para emprego independente de raça, cor, religião, sexo, nacionalidade, orientação sexual, identidade de gênero, necessidade especial ou status de veterano protegido. A Disney promove uma cultura de negócios em que ideias e decisões de todas as pessoas nos ajudam a crescer, inovar, criar as melhores histórias e ser relevantes em um mundo de rápidas mudanças.